9/18/07

latching on


Kitchen garden
Originally uploaded by Mexicanwave
Negatives and positives of all kinds swirl in the air around us. Positives seem airy, light and fleeting. Negatives seductively look more solid, more comfortable, more true. Why is that? Do I expect reassurance, reinforcement of the pessimistic beliefs I already hold on to? Is that true? Is it enough? Why are negatives easier to believe? There's so many reasons. It seems familiarity is appealing enough and after all the collection of negatives is so much bigger... It's a self-perpetuating circle. Essentially and most importantly the fact is that these thoughts and beliefs are the ones latching on, shaping the internal landscape. Is freedom from this collection of enslaving, disabling mental shackles desirable enough? Yes. I can let go.

3 comments:

Candy Rant said...

You rock. I'm going to print that out and put it up right next to my computer. It's everything I need to learn, and written just right.

Citlali said...

Wow. Thank you. I'm so happy that these thoughts resonate with someone else. Well, you know, that you can get some good out of it. I saw all those metal rings anchored, almost rooted into that wall and it just came pouring out... Sometimes a good verbal/phychological spew is a great thing, eh? lol = ]

Candy Rant said...

YES! If I didn't have a regular "spew" I'd explode for sure.