9/23/08

elephant



Originally uploaded by finsmal
The feeling of frustration was thick in the air, suffocating. Eyes darted from each other, repulsion, evasion. They looked away, not wanting to face the elephant in the room. It's impossible for either of them to feel anything but disdain in this shared inability to bring up the subject. Maybe it was clear enough. They were finally over. No amount of words would reverse it or even delay this fact: their only hope for happiness lay in the future, in separate worlds.

5 comments:

Citlali said...

wow, it's been SIX months. incredible. I realize that it's a bit strange to come back to this page on such a dark note, but I don't question inspiration. Not only that but it got me started again, no? That's a positive... = ]

Dana said...

SIX months without your poetry and vision, it has been dry. Thank you for returning!!

Citlali said...

you're very kind to say so, Dana. thank you -- it feels good to be missed. = ]

Candy Rant said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Not only am I thrilled that you're back, but that kicked a$$!!!

I read it three times, and savored it. Honestly, that is your best work yet, IMO.

THANK YOU!

Citlali said...

omg, I'm so happy that you loved it that much. you've made my day. wow. ok, now I'm really psyched to do more. Honestly the ones that "pop out" at me when I see a photo are the ones that have the most juice. You know? Something just rings like a big bell in my head and the story writes itself. It's awesome when that happens. Thank you for the boost! = ]