11/1/07

Cynical Indulgence: ambiguity's epidemic



Originally uploaded by dontaylor
I ponder the state of my world, shattered, myred in gross ambiguity, and wonder how it came to be. Does evolution, the seemingly degenerating nature of our bodies warp our mind into morbid indicisiveness? Or is it a learned behaviour, passed down, a product of our childhood environment that shaped us into big, soft blobs of paralyzing fear and doubt? Whichever way this societal desease developed it's now at the full-fledged pandemic level infiltrating every corner of our society, affecting persons of all walks of life. What can I do? Pick up the pieces one by one, starting with myself. I can commit to being more decisive and taking action on the side of what's simply right. Simple common sense, courage and action -- one person at a time...

4 comments:

Citlali said...

This post was inspired by Jerry's post of 10.31.07. Thank you Jerry!!
http://sailing-to-byzantium.blogspot.com/
= ]

Candy Rant said...

I'll drink to that! Great post.

Somehow it feels good even to just SAY you're going to take action. And it also makes taking action easier to do. Gets the ball rolling.

Dana said...

I agree, great post!

Starting with myself - Yes, that's where it should begin.

Citlali said...

Hear, hear!! Salud!! Thank you, Candy -- you're absolutely right.

Dana -- Right on!! Thank you... = ]